Google Maps is one of the most important apps on Android, but it’s not working for many people. This article will go over 12 different solutions to fix this problem and get you back on the road.
The google maps not working android is a problem that has been present for a while. Google has released 12 solutions to fix the issue.
Are you seeing error messages from Google Maps, such as it crashing or not functioning properly?
Are you fed up with the map not displaying the right directions?
Google Maps is very helpful, as all users are aware. It has, in fact, become one of the most essential items for everyone.
Though this program generally does not display any errors, it does sometimes crash, causing users to tuck at one point.
This blog will assist those users who have encountered navigation app problems.
Here you will find several viable solutions to the problem of Google Maps not functioning on Android, as well as the causes behind it.
Solution List in Bullet Points:
Why Isn’t Google Maps Working?
There may be a number of reasons why Google Maps isn’t functioning on Android.
Here are several examples:
- An unreliable network connection
- Lack of an adequate network
- Cache and data on the device are corrupted.
- Google Maps is still using the outdated version.
Many additional factors may also contribute to similar problems. But don’t fret; the techniques listed below will undoubtedly assist you in resolving Google Maps not functioning in Android.
Part 1: How To Fix Google Maps Not Working On Android Phone With Just One Click
It’s important to remember that when Google Maps stops functioning or loads slowly, it’s usually due to a firmware problem. It’s possible that your firmware has malfunctioned, resulting in this error.
I recommend that you use Android Repair software to resolve the problem. This is specifically intended to work with any Android phone problem or issue. With a single click, it can fix Google Maps not functioning correctly on Android.
Not only that, but the program can also fix issues like Android stuck in headphone mode, WhatsApp keeps halting, IMS services has ceased, and many more.
So, don’t be concerned; just download Android Repair program to eliminate the problem immediately.
Check out the software’s full user guide to learn how to use it.
After then, check to see whether the program is still functioning properly.
Method 2: Use Location Services to find out where you are.
If rebooting the device does not solve the problem, I recommend checking your phone’s location service as well as Google Maps.
Most of the time, Google Maps will prompt you to activate location, but you may choose to ignore it.
Here’s what you should do:
- To begin, go to Settings and activate the device’s location.
- Now navigate to All Apps under Apps & Notifications.
- Then look for Google Maps, followed by Permissions.
- Next, turn on the Location toggle and set it to “Allow all the time.”
- After that, open Google Maps and browse about to check whether everything is working properly.
Method 3: Verify Internet Access
As I previously said, Google Maps need a robust internet connection to function effectively. This is because your issue may be caused by a sluggish internet connection.
So, when using the program, disable “mobile data” and activate it again after a period of time when the network is stable. Hopefully, your navigation app will now function more efficiently.
Method 4: Install the most recent version of Google Maps
It’s normal to see similar problems if you’re using an older version of the software. If you haven’t updated your previous version yet, you should do so right now.
It won’t take long for Google Maps to be updated to the most recent version, and the issue will be resolved.
Follow the instructions below:
- To begin, go to “My apps & games” in the Google Play Store on your phone.
- Select “Google Maps” from the list of applications and click the “Update” option.
That is all there is to it.
Check your network and GPS settings (method 5)
Another reason Maps isn’t functioning correctly may be a network issue. The app will only function if your smartphone has a steady network connection.
Check your network connection and GPS settings by following the instructions below:
- To begin, go to Settings > Connection > scroll down to Location > choose Locating technique > shift to High precision
- To access Wi-Fi settings, go to Settings > Connection > Wi-Fi (cellular network). Now you may activate Wi-Fi or even configure it to stable Wi-Fi.
Method 6: Delete the App’s Cache and Data
Most of the time, the cache causes problems with the operation of certain applications. It’s also a good idea to clear cache and data once to check if the problem goes away.
However, keep in mind that deleting the app data may result in the loss of all offline maps.
- To begin, go to Apps or Application Manager in the device’s Settings.
- Now navigate to Google Maps > All Apps.
- Now, go to Storage and choose Clear Cache.
After that, open Google Maps to check whether the problem with Google Maps not functioning on Android has been addressed.
Method 7: Update Google Play Services to the most recent version
Make sure Google Play Services is up to date in order for your app to function smoothly.
When Google Maps displays an error, the most recent version of Google Play Services may assist in resolving the issue.
The steps are as follows:
- To begin, go to Google Play Store and search for “Play Services.”
- Select the Update option next to it.
Uninstall and reinstall Google Maps (method 8)
If the issue persists, you should uninstall and reinstall Google Maps to solve the problem. This is a simple way to fix Google Maps not functioning on Android.
- To begin, go to Google Play Store > My Apps and Games > My Apps and Games > My Apps and Games > My Apps and Games > click on Google Maps > choose Uninstall from the menu bar.
- After that, go back to the Play Store and search for Google Maps, then install it.
After the software has been successfully installed, reboot your smartphone to check whether it is functioning properly.
Download an older version of Google Maps (method 9)
If the issue persists, I recommend that you download an earlier version of Google Maps. Even though this is just a temporary solution, it may work for you.
It is also recommended that you only install applications from trustworthy sites to avoid causing harm to your smartphone.
Take a look at the steps below:
- Remove Google Maps from your Android smartphone first.
- Now, download an earlier version of Google Maps (apk versions older than two months are not recommended).
- To install the.apk file, you must first grant permission to install applications from untrusted sources.
- Finally, install the Google Maps.apk file and verify that the program functions properly.
Reset the GPS (method 10)
Your GPS may sometimes have a mistake and provide inaccurate information. This is inconvenient since it fails to display the right location and instead displays the previous one.
It also prevents another service from functioning, and Google Maps continues to fail. In this case, you should reset the GPS and double-check that everything is working properly.
- To wipe GPS data, first go to Google Play Store and download applications like “GPS Status & Toolbox.”
- Then, click anywhere on the app, go to Menu, choose “Manage A-GPS status,” and finally, touch “Reset.”
- Return to “Manage A-GPS State” and choose the “Download” option after everything is finished.
Method 11: Reset Your Android Phone to Factory Settings
If none of the previous manual techniques work, I recommend that you attempt the final option, which is a factory reset. This is highly recommended, but proceed with caution.
Because it erases all data from your device, you should make a backup of all essential files before continuing.
To factory reset an Android smartphone, follow the instructions below:
- To begin, go to Settings on your Android smartphone.
- Now search for Factory Reset or choose Backup and Reset from the drop-down menu.
- Then, choose Factory data reset.
- After that, choose Reset.
- Restart your smartphone and open Google Maps once the reset is complete. Hopefully, it will function normally.
As a result, the blog has come to an end.
I’ve covered many helpful ways for fixing Google Maps not functioning on Android in this post.
Google Maps is a helpful software that comes pre-installed on every Android smartphone, but it sometimes stops functioning.
Go for Android Repair software for a fast and sophisticated way to repair Google maps not functioning Android without any trouble.
The why is google maps not working on iphone is a problem that many people have been having. Google has released 12 solutions to fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is Google Maps not working on Android?
Google Maps is not available on Android.
Why has Google Maps stopped working on my phone?
Google Maps has been discontinued by the company as of 2017.
How do I fix Google Maps?
You can use a different browser, or you can switch to an alternative mapping service.
- google maps not working samsung
- google maps not working today
- google maps not working 2021
- why is google maps not working on my computer
- google maps not working on huawei